I’m thinking about a mini-series (a written one, not a filmed version featuring me in empire-waisted dresses) on “The Cost of Beauty.” This would be Part One, and this is where I need your help the most.
I’ve already surveyed my fellow Harpies, but I’d also like to hear from you, our beloved readers.
Can you estimate what you spend on beauty treatments/products in a given year? Think:
- Hair cuts, color, treatments
- Waxing/threading/lasers/hair removal
- Cosmetics and Hair products (include hair toys)
- Spa treatments (facials, etc.)
- Appliances that you regularly buy (eyelash curler pads to Ped Eggs to fancy irons and dryers and such)
- Any other special potions/preparations/pills you take/use/buy with the express idea that they will “enhance your natural beauty.”
- Whatever else I’m forgetting
You can leave your estimates (the more you can break it down by section, the more cupcakes I’ll send you grateful I will be) in comments, or, if you wanna be stealthy, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m posting this now, but will be gathering info and such at least through the end of this week (say Saturday the 28th), after which point I will tabulate and average and assess and report, as Part 2 of the series.
N.B.: This is not a product- or tip-swapping post.