I’ll be starting my profiles/opinions on the party leaders and parties next week, but I thought I’d tide you over with some helpful links courtesy of (mostly) the CBC! They have some really good coverage going on, so I recommend it.
- A Liberal candidate in Alberta has apologized for comments he made in regards to “different degrees of sexual assault” needing different degrees of punishment, yet remains a Liberal candidate. What?! Rape isn’t taken seriously by Liberals too?! Noooooooo……
- After calls on why Harper has been screening his campaign events, he also has apologized. Doesn’t mean much since he is also screening the media.
- Tories have also released their platform. Blah blah families blah blah businesses blah tough on crime blah blah eliminating deficit THEY caused blagity blah….
- Of course, this was after The Liberals unveiled their platform, using the ‘Red Book’ tactic that former PM Jean Chretien used. I looks awfully NDP in terms of content.
- Not one to ever be silent about anything, Gen. Rick Hillier thinks a debate about Libya would liven a ‘boring’ campaign.
- The theme of the NDP’s pitch is helping seniors and improving healthcare, one promise is to help family caregivers.
- Vote Mobs. Love it. Proof the youth DO care (though they’ll stop if the government insists on not listening to them).
- Last, but certainly not least in my books, Arcade Fire? Totes don’t want you to vote for the Conservative Party.
Add your links in the comments section!